Saturday, November 7, 2009

Update Number 3

Not much new to report. I am still working at NTS daily. The work is mainly little things like "move those filing cabinets" or "go to the ORCA ships and make sure they are clean inside and have enough linen". Yesterday, even though we just sat on one of the ships and played cards and watched a movie (Taking of Pelham 123); it was still on board ship, so that was cool with me. The base gym has squash courts, so next week, one of the other guys that I work with and I are going to re-aquaint ourselves with the game. I played many, many years ago and loved it; so I am really looking forward to it again. It is a great workout too.

It has been raining for the past 3 days and according to the Weather Network, it is going to continue until at least Wednesday. The good news is...it is not snow and I don't have to shovel rain. Better wet than white.

I have been studying the "Collision Rules" that I will need to be able to recite "Verbatim" when I do my MARS III training. Even though that will be more than 6 months away, there is a lot to memorize and I am very grateful that I will have the preparation time to get a head start on it as that is one of the main items that people fail when they do the training.

I have been able to talk to my family everyday so far and am grateful for that. As much as I am loving being in Victoria, I sure do miss them and look forward to seeing them again.

I hope that everyone has a great day and takes time to be grateful for what they have and on Wednesday, takes time to remember those who fought so that we can enjoy the things that we take for granted on a daily basis.

Happy thoughts to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment