Wednesday, November 25, 2009

AAARRR Matey!

Spent a fun day out at sea today. The waves were quite large and the boat rocked an awful lot. I was OK with it, but 2 others were sea sick and 1 was a little green. Me, being the roller coaster loving guy that I am, was saying "bring it on!"

The rain is still pouring down as it has for 2 1/2 weeks now and you can tell that people are starting to wear down without having been able to soak in any sunlight for a while. As I always say, "better wet than white". I don't have to shovel rain.

Don't know yet if I will be going back out to sea again tomorrow or not, so will find out in the morning.

Went to the gunroom last night for movie night. Watched Star Trek. I had already seen it, but thought it was a great movie and wanted to see it again. While I was there, one guy was begging people to take his duty this Saturday as his girlfriend get's into town (not sure from where) and Saturday is her birthday and he wanted to take her out. I said "sure, I'll do it for you". Most people hate duty on the weekend, because you can't leave Venture; but I don't mind and you don't have to do rounds at 0200hrs. I am not currently booked for any duty in December, but I know that whenever my next one is, he will do it, so I probably won't have to do duty again for a couple of months.

Just going to take it easy tonight and go to be early. It is amazing how tired you get when you get all that fresh air out at sea for a whole day.

G'nite to all.

2 comments:

  1. Wait 'till you get to the big ships and the big seas!!!! Then you will find out how good your sea legs are...LOL. Glad you had a great time and keep going!!
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete