Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Friday

Happy Friday everyone.

Been a bit of a slow week until Friday afternoon. I was informed around noon that I was picked to go to sea from Dec 7-16 as a Deck Hand (basically, doing the small tasks like driving the ship, cleaning and handling the lines (ropes) when we dock at different areas. I think that is going to be really cool. Then around 2:30 this afternoon, I found out that my name was also brought forward to be a member of the conducting staff for the Naval Officer Assessment Board From Dec 7-11. This is the week long visit that I came out for at the end of September. That would be quite the honour to be part of as well. I will find out next week which it is. Cool, huh? I think so.

Tonight at the gunroom (Officer's bar), there is a chili cook-off and pub food night. That will be great too. Chili and chicken wings and a beer...life is good for Steve today. Some guys are going to watch some movies tonight after that. Not sure what movies, but it will be fun regardless.

I am duty again tomorrow, but no big deal for me as there is nothing going on this weekend anyway.

I hope that everyone enjoys their weekend, wet or dry (depending on the weather where you are).


1 comment:

  1. That is great news about the board Steve!! I am sure you would prefer to go to sea as that would be an experience as well. Best to take what you can get!!!
    Things are winding down here. Mom did really well yesterday shopping and I got a real good pair of gortex walking shoes this morning for half price!!
    Not much else but look forward to your next adventure and seeing what they want you to do. Have a good duty!!
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete