Sunday, October 11, 2009

The excitement keeps building

So I believe that today is a good day to start my blog. Last night, I handed in my badge and headset and walked very happily out of the only job that I have ever had that made me feel sick to be there.

Now the new adventures begin....

This Wednesday (Oct 14), I will be sworn in to the Canadian Forces and on Tuesday (Oct 20), I will be flying out to Victoria, BC to begin my new life in the Navy. I will never look on any my past with regrets, because I believe that they all happened for a reason and that I was destined to learn from them. I could never list all of the things that I have learned, but I honestly do feel that I will be a better Officer, leader and overall human being based on these life`s learnings.

I do not have any details yet as to what I will be doing in Victoria while I wait for my course to start in February; but it really does not matter to me. I will do it with a smile on my face because I will be where I belong.

I have some jobs to do around the house before I leave, and want to spend as much time with my family as possible before I leave. My mind is constantly racing with thoughts of what I need to pack (it sure is different when you pack for a couple of months rather than just 2 weeks); questions about "should I bring this?" or "will I need that?" I really am acting like a little kid at Christmas time.

I know that I will miss my family and that they will miss me; but it is for a good thing and everyone understands that. It would not be nearly as easy if it was not for the amazing support that Cynthia has shown me during this and continues to show me. She is my rock.

I will try to post at least every couple of days; but do not know what type of computer access I will have for the first while in Victoria.

Until then; Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!! I am going to enjoy reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea!! Can't wait to see you again ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading all about this new life adventure!!

    ReplyDelete