Saturday, October 20, 2012

How to blog effectively?

OK, so one of my issues (maybe a bit of OCD) is that when I decide that I want to learn a little bit more about something; I tend to go a bit overboard.  By that, I mean that I will put 20 books on hold at the library on that subject instead of just one or two.

I have decided that blogging (but doing it more like a journal) might be therapeutic for me.  At the same time, I want to make it interesting enough that some people may want to stop by and read a bit.  I do have some books out from the library and am going to go through them for some ideas.  I don't have the time to spend making it all snazzy all the time, but I will post some pics now and then at least.

One quick example is below.  This is the "group photo" from RIMPAC 2012. There were 44 ships and 8 submarines from 23 countries.  I had the privilege to actually be the Officer of the Watch for this photo (meaning that I was the one actually driving the ship).  HMCS Algonquin is the 5th ship down on the farthest left hand side of the photo.


As far as work goes right now; there really is nothing to talk about. I am just helping out where they need me.

It does feel like there is way too much to do at home and not nearly enough time to do it (I know, you are thinking, "then why are you wasting time blogging?")

The attempt is to get our Calendar's synched up between Cynthia and myself. We are working on that, but I think that we still have a little ways to go to get it right.  I also have a need to write stuff down in a list, and without that I tend to become unfocused very quickly; so that is the next thing on the list.

Cynthia is working today until 2. Joel has swimming lessons in an hour and then he and I are going to clean the house for Julia and the girls to come over for games night. It is always good for laughter when we have games night.

I am going to pause now, read for 1/2 hour on Google Blogger, then take Joel to his swimming lesson.  Let's see if I can make this blog interesting without spending a ton of time on it like some sort of obsession.

Later all

No comments:

Post a Comment