Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Week

The first week of NETPO is over with. As is usual with the first week of most courses, it consisted of introductions by staff and basic classes (all power point presentations). We did have a museum tour on Thursday and have to do a presentation on a case study of a situation explaining how the Principles of Leadership apply and would be used. I don't mean to brag, but the instructor gave us 2 hours to prepare and I only took 10 minutes. This is the sort of thing that I have been doing for years and feel that it comes naturally to me. The younger guys told me that they were impressed by my presentation and how I would approach the situation. For sports, we played touch football on Friday afternoon. The field was a little wet from the rain of the night before and at one point I lost my footing and this morning realized that I had wrenched my lower back. I will be taking it easy and trying to slowly stretch it out today. I will be going over to my brother's this evening to babysit my nephew so that my brother and his wife can go out to a movie. It is their 13th anniversary this weekend. I am looking forward to that, Sean and I will have some fun.

I know that my family and friends on the East coast are having a very cold time right now, but I hope that the sun at least shines for them.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment