Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday - Day 6 at Sea

We left Esquimalt harbor at 1000 hrs this morning. It was a fairly easy morning. I spent from 10:30 – noon on the helm, driving most of the time at full speed ahead. The weather is very cloudy, but not too cold. We have been very fortunate with calm seas everyday so far. Not much else went on today. We docked at around 4pm. When Jeff and I got out of the Zodiac on the jetty to prepare to tie up the ship, there was a gentleman there who greeted us with "Welcome to America". It just sounded funny to us since it did not feel like we went south at all. I am on duty on the ship from midnight til 4am and was able to find a wireless connection, so I could update today in real time, so to speak.

I hope that everyone has a great day today.

1 comment:

  1. You're right Steve. It does sound great! I handed in my resignation today, so yet another step along the way for me. Can't wait to get thru basic and on to Victoria! Then I can try to play catch-up. Enjoy your trip, sounds wonderful and the updates and pics are cool, keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete