Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Enjoying my time with my family

Sorry that it has been a while. I have been enjoying my time with my family over the holidays. I was fortunate that my whole family was able to be at the airport to greet me when I got off the plane. It sure was great to hug my wife and kids again.

I had a wonderful Christmas and hope that you did too. My parents came up for a couple of days to share Christmas with us. We played lots of games and had a ton of laughs. Just what the holidays are about. I have been fortunate also that the four of us have been able to spend time together. I have also been able to spend time with each one individualy too, which is nice.

Sadly, I put on a few pounds between my 10 days at sea with no way to exercise and the great Christmas baking that was here when I got here. This week, Cynthia and I are doing a version of a 5 day cleanse and have eliminated all of the bad stuff. I am determined to arrive back in Victoria lighter than when I left. Cynthia and I did manage to get out for a nice long walk the other day, but that has been it so far as it has been snowing and extremely windy. The temperature today with the wind chill is supposed to drop to -30. Our treadmill is not working right, so I will be looking at that today so that we can get back to running.

Cynthia had a list of stuff for me to do while I was at home, so, although I have got some of the small stuff off the list, I am going to tackle a chunk of it today since it is such an "indoor" day.

One of the things that I enjoy about this time of year is the World Junior Hockey Championship. I have enjoyed watching Canada win every game so far, but am really excited to watch them against the USA this Thursday night. Go Team Canada!!

Enjoy your day and Happy New Year to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment